With curiosity and across borders: the singer and composer touches.
Tamara Lukasheva is a singer and a composer at once. She goes through the world full of curiosity and with alert senses. Music is her mother tongue - and her means to process impressions, encounters and everyday life - and also to create something new, which in turn touches other people; across borders and musical categories.
Tamara Lukasheva was born in 1988 in Odessa, Ukraine. Between 2003 and 2007 she studied at the Odessa Conservatory, between 2010 and 2015 at the Hochschule für Musik und Tanz in Cologne, where she lives today.
In her solo project she interprets German poetry musically. For this she takes on the roles of a singer, a pianist and a composer all at once.
While she was studying in Cologne she founded a quartet with Sebastian Scobel (piano), Jakob Kühnemann (bass) and Dominik Mahning (drums). In 2019 Lucas Leidinger replaced Sebastian Scobel on piano.
She is also active in several collaborations: with Marie Theres Hartel (viola) and Susanne Paul (cello) she forms the string trio »Kusimanten«. As a singer she cooperates with Vadim Neselovskyi, Hans Lüdemann, Arkady Shilkloper, Bodek Jahnke, Sebastian Gramss, Jens Düppe, Dominik Mahnig and other important musicians of the European jazz scene.
In collaboration with Johannes Weber (guitar), Malte Viebahn (electric bass) and Antoine Duijkers (drums) she undertakes interstellar excursions to cosmic sound shores under the name »Lukoshko«.
In 2017, Tamara Lukasheva received the New German Jazz Award Mannheim. In 2016, she won the Bujazzo Composition Competition and came second with her quartet at the »Keep an Eye« Jazz Awards in Amsterdam. In 2018 she won the Horst-and-Gretl-Will-Scholarship and thus the Cologne Jazz Award as an »exceptionally variable and imaginative musician«.
Tamara Lukasheva has been awarded the 2021 WDR Jazzpreis (West German Broadcasting Jazz Award) in the category »composition«.
- Deutscher Jazzpreis 2022 verliehen – NICA artists ausgezeichnet
- Danksagung - свобода і мир - Freiheit und Frieden // Solidaritätskonzertes
- свобода і мир - Freedom and Peace // Concert in solidarity with Ukranian musicians
- Winter Jazz in Space: New Webisodes Series
- Cancelled: Winterjazz Köln 2022
- New Streaming Series: "NICA Magazine presents"
- WDR Jazzpreis 2021 - Preisträgerkonzert von Tamara Lukasheva
- Tamara Lukasheva releases new single »Singet Leise«
- Tamara Lukasheva is awarded the WDR Jazzpreis 2021 for Composition!
- NICA streams